Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The "How To" Expert In Me

The "How to" movement has invaded social media with gusto. Don't you just love all the people that are so concerned about our well being that they are willing to share advice on how to make our lives better? It warms the cockles of my heart. How to make more money, how to maximize our social media experience or how to be a better person... the list of ways to improve ourselves seems endless.

All these words of wisdom, of course, come from very important people called experts. They have to be experts because the success of these messages is based on a thing called credibility. Credibility translates into believability and therefore readership buy in.

So I thought, gee, I'm a caring person. And I'm good at stuff. I should be an expert at something and help others too. I put my thinking cap on. (Remember those? They're invisible and are tied under your chin with an invisible string.) What can I give to the world that will better the lives of people just like you?

After thinking long and hard "wacky" won. I can see those of you out there who know me nodding your heads in unison. I define "wackiness" as the art of being intelligently stupid. It is harmless behavior intended to enliven spirits and elevate the moods of others out of humdrum. Throughout my considerable length of time on earth finding new wacky things (as opposed to old wacko things) to do spontaneously has gotten me through some tough times and made good times more memorable. I continue to keep a shelf full of wackiness stockpiled. And I believe that if I keep it up the rest of my life will be tolerable. So there. My bit for the good of humankind. Feel free to share.

(Insert whoopee cushion noise here.)

6 comments:

  1. This post could not have come at a more timely juncture in my life. I'm gonna go download a fart app for my phone right now. I will use it the next time i'm visiting at the nursing home. Thank Rand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got 2 or 3 of 'em. They were all free :o)

      Delete
  2. Obviously I need some cinnamon buns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Day old ones are the best for headphones and are cheaper.

      Delete
  3. Cinnamon buns with RED duct tape!

    And I will henceforth read my telbat pu-edis-nwod!!

    Hihihihi!!!

    ReplyDelete