Sunday, April 8, 2012

This Thing Called You And Me

You. You are a star in the world around you, defined by talents expressed uniquely. You are the beauty of potential, the grace of spring buds. You are youth regardless of age, art of any form, music of any tune and dance of any step. You are possibility: the reason for hope and optimism. You are what tomorrow holds dear.

Me. I am but a tiny, special part of that world around you. I may be one of several. I am lover. I am mentor. I am friend and cheerleader. I may be around for a moment or a lifetime. I am an ear, a word, a hug or a kick in the pants. I am there when you call. Sometimes I don't have to be there at all because you know what I'd say.

You and Me. I help make part of you shine a bit brighter. The part that points up.

8 comments:

  1. So simple and yet profound. Thanks for this Easter gift Rand. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Dr. Ada. I'm truly happy it connected with you.

      Delete
  2. Here's to you and me, looking up.

    If you help make part of me shine a bit brighter - the part that points up, can I help make part of YOU shine a bit brighter - the part that points up? And I don't mind sharing with everyone else in the star that is you.

    Happy Easter, Rand.

    (((HUGS)))
    (No kick in the pants today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal, Lynn Marie. Happy days ahead. :o) Hugs back!

      Delete
  3. Thanks to Prof. Subu on Linked in I have found your blog spot...he posted a link...and I look forward to following it when time allows...happy Easter from a Linked In junkie.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know how I missed this one, but glad I found it eventually. Nice thoughts!

    ReplyDelete