Monday, September 5, 2011

An Idiomatic Conversation

A – "I think you have a chip on your shoulder. You've been acting antsy all week."

B – "Where did you get that cock and bull story? You're barking up the wrong tree."

A – "I might have been going out on the limb a bit, but I don't think so. Do you have an axe to grind?"

B – "If you don't put it to bed I'll have a bone to pick with you."

A – "See? The proof is in the pudding."

B – "Why are you on my case all of a sudden?"

A – "I meant it tongue in cheek, of course."

B – "Oh, go jump in the lake. Did you come up with that out of the blue?"

A – "No, a little bird told me."

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I could hear Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie have his conversation in the style of whose line is it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) Glad it pushed your buttons...

    ReplyDelete