Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back To An Old Habit

This past weekend I read a book. A real book. With real paper pages. 438 of them. And I had to physically turn the pages myself. What's more, it was a hardcover. It wasn't that I needed to for research or anything. I did it purely for enjoyment. I read it from cover to cover.

Seems like years since I did that. I even had to dig out a light that I had retired to the basement. I read for hours.

I think I weirded out the dog. He looked at me and then looked at the silent tv then he looked at me and then the closed laptop... then he grabbed his squeaky toy and buried it in the laundry basket.

Then I read him a bit of the story. Now he wants his own books. I'll have to pick up a copy of "Cat in the hat" for him.

2 comments:

  1. I have some good Dr Seuss books I can loan you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D. I think he wants his own copies. :o) Then he doesn't have to worry about not licking the pages.

    ReplyDelete