Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Making a Phone Call With a Budgie in the Room

*ring, ring*
"Mountain Mazda, Service Department."
(squawk!)
"Hello, my name is MacIvor. I'd like to arrange to have my Mazda3 in for the recall."
(squawk! SQUAWK!)
"Yes sir, when would you like to bring it in?"
(SQUAWK, SQUAWK, CHIRP, CHIRP TWE-E-E-ET!)
"Excuse me for a second..."
"Certainly."
(SQUAWK!)
"...I just have to go kill a budgie."
(ACH, ACH, CHICH, TWEET!) 
"Excuse me, did you say you have to go kill a budgie?"
(SQUAWK!) 
"It's okay, it won't die. Believe me, I've tried."
(Squawk, Awwwwk!)
"Haha! That's hilarious!"
 (SQUAWK! Eeeert!)
"Can I bring the car in on Saturday?"
(BRRRRT-ACH-ACH-ACH!) 
"See you then. Bring a book. It'll take three and a half hours."
(SQUAWK!)
"That long?"
(TWEET-BRRRT!)
"Unfortunately."
 (AAAARK!)
"Okay. I'll be there. Would you like a budgie?"
(PREEET, ACH!)
"That's okay."

4 comments:

  1. oh YB... you sure do keep things lively...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! You just gotta take the budgie with you and leave it in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It sounds akin to making a phone call with a cat in the room. Why is it animals always want our attention right when we can't give it to them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to WW, Kristy and ST for great comments. I think the bird is really the devil incarnate. I don't think that if I took the bird to the dealer in the car that the mechanics would do the work... lol!

    ReplyDelete